POC Tectal Race SPIN Mountain Bike Helmet
- Trail-dedicated mountainbike helmet designed to provide more coverage at temples and back of head
- High performance PC shell covering more of the liner to improve safety and protection against sharp objects
- Features POC’s patent pending rotational impact protection system, SPIN (Shearing Pad INside)
- Features adjustable visor and adjustable fitting system
- Certification: CE EN1078; Weight: 340g
Our View: The Tectal Race SPIN builds on the protective capabilities of the original Tectal design with advanced technology including SPIN, which is designed to protect the brain from rotational injury in the event of oblique impact. This is an excellent choice for mountain riders taking on the most challenging trails.
"The Tectal Race is a well-ventilated helmet that has been specifically developed for aggressive trail riding and enduro racing. It incorporates the aramid bridge system from several of POC’s proven and award-winning helmet range. To perfectly suit the needs of Enduro mountain biking and racing the Tectal Race SPIN has added robustness and protection and features POC’s patent pending rotational impact protection system, SPIN, which is designed to reduce the effects of an oblique fall by reducing the amount of force transmitted to the head and brain." - POC
- Impact-absorbing EPS liner
- Outer polycarbonate shell
- Unibody shell construction
- Aramid fibre reinforcement
- SPIN impact protection system
- Extended head coverage
- Size adjustment system
- Adjustable visor
- Recco reflector
- Certification: EN 1078
- Weight: 340g (medium size)
- Includes microfibre helmet bag
- Includes removable helmet padding
Unique to POC's leading helmets, SPIN (Shearing Pads Inside) is an advanced technology designed to provide an additional aspect of protection to the brain in the event of rotational impact.
SPIN pads sit directly against the user’s head and can shear in any direction, allowing the helmet to move relative to the head which can reduce the force transmitted to the brain during an oblique impact.
When the helmet is worn a SPIN helmet will feel like any other helmet. In the event of a direct impact the SPIN pads will function as any other impact-absorbent liner, and compress to absorb impact energy.
In the event of oblique impact the SPIN pads will work to dissipate rotational energy by shearing and allowing the head a degree of movement relative to the helmet, reducing the risk of brain rotation.
Other Helmet Features
1. EPS Liner
2. Outer Polycarbonate Shell
3. Unibody shell construction
4. Aramid fibre grid for protection and durability
5. Designed to provide more coverage at temples and rear of the head
6. Size adjustment system
7. Adjustable visor
8. Recco reflector
This multi-position adjustable visor shields the eyes from the sun and gives physical protection from rain, mud, branches and other debris.
Straps are securely moulded into the helmet shell to enhance strength and improve the overall look of the helmet design.<
Size Adjustment System
For the most comfortable and secure fit possible, POC utilise an adjustable system providing one of the highest degrees of adjustability on the market.
Extended Shell Coverage
POC's mountian bike helmets are designed to provide more coverage in vulnerable areas, including the temples and rear of the head.
Moulded Strap Anchors
Straps are securely moulded into the helmet shell to enhance strength and improve the overall look of the helmet design.
A two-part technology, rescue teams carry detectors, which send out a search signal. Reflectors bounce back a signal directing the rescuer straight to the reflector.
Fitting dimensions for the POC Tectal Race SPIN are as follows: