Bolle 5th Element Pro Prescription Sunglasses
- Super-lightweight and impact resistant Trivex lens options
- Cycling-specific model designed to offer superior aerodynamic flow
- Thermogrip components on the brow bar, temple tips and nosepiece maintain grip when wet
- Hydro- and oleophobic treatments on the lenses keep your view clear no matter the conditions
- Includes Bolle hard case and soft bag
Our View: The 5th Element Pro is Bolle's latest flagship cycling model. All features have been optimised for use on the bike, including a streamlined shape with integrated ventilation channels, hydrophilic components on the temple tips, nose pad and brow bar and a Trivex shield lens with prescription implants to provide top clarity and impact protection.
"New flagship model of the Bollé cycling collection, the 5th Element has everything going for cyclists : ultra-light, a maximized field of view in a racing position and an optimized fit thanks to the B-Shape technology and the adjustable nose pads and temples. The side plaque added in the pro version improves the protection of the cyclist and his aerodynamism." - Bolle
Extension of the ocular and protection area to the top of the face, with adjustable horizontal extension to protect the eyes further if necessary. Vertical extension of the ocular area provides an enhanced view.
Bolle use the finest grade of nylon to give you incredibly lightweight, durable and flexible frames. This unique material composition also allows for visually stunning designs in any shape or thickness - without compromising durability.
Thermogrip keeps your glasses on your face with comfortable, hydrophilic nose pads and temple tips that absorb moisture and keep your sunglasses in place - so you can focus on what's really important.
Adjustable Nose Pads
Bolle's adjustable nose pads can also be tailored for a custom fit, giving you additional control and comfort. Nose pads are also hypoallergenic and durable.
b-thin Active Design Rx
Bolle's prescription programme was conceived with sport in mind. b-thin Active Design provides optimum precison, comfort and frame balance to help the wearer maximise their performance potential.
- Precision: Top of the range optical clarity and quality
- Protection: Solar (glare reduction and harmful UV blocking) and aerodynamic (base-8 lens curvature)
- Safety: Impact resistant prescription sunglasses
- Comfort: Lightweight construction promotes balance and improves fit
As it is not restricted by technical manufacturing limitations, b-thin Active Design offers the widest range of prescriptions for base-8 frames.
What is b-thin Active Design?
Using computer software designed to perform the most advanced calculations, Bolle are able to create customised lenses using the best in lightweight materials.
Traditional prescription sunglasses lenses in wrap around frames are available to approximately 85% of those who wear glasses. Today, Bolle b-thin Active design extends this to 99% with a prescription range of +6.00 to -8.00.
How does it work?
Every prescription is re-assessed to compensate for optical distortions related to the curve of a frame. b-thin Active design lenses have a central optical zone and a transition zone up to the rim of the lens. Every product is customised to the frame, to the prescription and to the wearer's shape. An axial compensation algorithm for a prescription takes the size of the frame and the wearer's anatomy into account.
The results are outstanding:
- Lenses are up to 72% thinner and 45% lighter – impressive lightweight lenses for ideal frame equilibrium
- Comfort and ideal fit
- Perfect precision
- Impact resistant
What do Bolle prescription sunglasses provide?
- The latest superior quality Bolle frame and lens technology
- 8 base prescription lenses which provide full protection and wide coverage, perfect sunglasses for sports use
- Exclusive lenses complete with the Bolle logo to ensure authenticity
- Polarised, photochromic, flash mirror and polarised flash mirror prescription lens options available
- Includes Bolle hard case and soft bag
Dimensions for the Bolle 5th Element Pro are as follows: