Giro Crue MIPS Ski Helmet
- Skate-style, youth-specific design with durable Hard Shell construction
- Removable Auto Loc 2 Fit System automatically adjusts to cradle the head for a secure, comfortable fit
- Stack Ventilation - works in tandem with goggle ventilation to exhaust moist, fog-causing air
- Seamlessly comptaible with Giro's youth sized goggles
- Compliance: ASTM F2040-11/CE EN1077, Weight: 475g
Our View: The Giro Crue is skate-inspired, youth specific helmet. Its tough Hard Shell construction is fused with MIPS technology to significantly reduce the risk of brain injury associated with oblique impacts. This helmet is designed to pair up perfectly with Giro's youth sized goggles.
"A purely skate-inspired design, the new Crüe delivers classic style and solid, park-worthy performance for young shredders. It features durable Hard Shell Construction, ample venting, and our very low profile and removable Auto Loc 2 Fit System." - Giro
- MIPS - Multi-Directional Impact Protection System
- Hard Shell Construction
- Auto Loc 2 Fit System - removable
- On-The-Fly Vertical Tuning
- Super Cool Vents
- Stack Ventilation
- Removable goggle retainer and earpads
- Seamless Compatibility with Giro youth goggles
- Compliance: ASTM F2040-11/CE EN1077
- Weight: 475g
MIPS: Multi-Directional Impact Protection System
MIPS is a step forward in helmet design. There are three main components to a MIPS-equipped helmet: the interior foam liner, the Low Friction Liner and an elastomeric attachment system between them. In an angled impact, the elastomeric attachment system stretches to allow the foam liner to rotate independently around your head. The goal of this technology is to further reduce rotational forces which can cause massive stress on the brain.
Hard Shell Construction
Hard Shell Construction produces great helmets at a great price. A rugged outer shell is molded and then attached to the EPS foam liner.
Auto Loc™ 2 Fit System
A simple, durable self-adjusting fit system designed to take the hassle out of fitting and wearing a helmet. It automatically adjusts to cradle your head once you set the system to one of the three different circumference settings. A new vertical tuning feature helps dial in your fit and goggle set up.
Super Cool™ Vents
Super Cool vents pull cool, fresh air into the helmet while pushing heat and stale air out. By maximizing efficiency and optimizing vent shapes, the collective cooling power of Super Cool vents helps to regulate your core temperature and keep you feeling fresh all day.
Giro's Stack Vent was developed based on research showing the majority of the warm air that can cause fogging exhausts from the center top vent of the goggle. Aligning the Stack Vent in the helmet with the vent of your goggles helps to keep them clear and fog free while maintaining total helmet and goggle integration.
Sizing for the Giro Crue MIPS ski helmet is as follows: